Monday, January 7, 2013

Apart

Being away from my Keyholder is difficult. I wish I could spend the day at her side, kneeling, fetching, serving, servicing. But, I still have things to do. Lately, she has been giving me schedules, lists. Organizing my life for me. It used to be that a little part of me resented these--they were an imposition on my time, after all. Now that I belong to her, I increasingly do not think of it as my time at all, but her time. It is her time to do with as she pleases. To do with me as she pleases. Never is this more evident than when we are apart.

The cage is a constant reminder of ownership. Yesterday, I smiled when I received a list of things to do. I went down the list, and managed most of them. I reported back, and she was understanding as to the one that I missed. I think that is the key to this relationship--understanding. It may be a nice fantasy to have a mistress set unreachable goals and then have her berate and punish you, but this would get old quickly. My Keyholder is understanding, mindful of my time, mindful of my requests, yet holds me to my tasks. Even now, just thinking about her makes me want to fall at her feet and kiss them. My cage is reminding me, strongly, of who holds the key. And I feel fortunate to have that be her.

No comments:

Post a Comment