Thursday, January 3, 2013

A day of service

Yesterday I had a day of service to my Keyholder. It started off badly--I arrived late. It had been a hectic morning, but still that is no excuse. I was promised a punishment, which is still hanging over my head. I will try and bear it stoically, whatever it may be, for I fully deserve it.

The day was spent cooking and cleaning her house. Deep cleaning...baseboards, windows, hands and knees on floor, scrubbing toilets. I had plenty of quiet time to think while I did these things. Why would I, a professional with many many things to do, spend hours doing this menial labor? The first – and easy – answer is because my Keyholder wants it. That is enough. The second, harder answer is sacrifice, I think. I don't particularly enjoy scrubbing floors, though it is necessary and I do get satisfaction from it. But, I think there is a greater satisfaction in the exchange of the whole thing. What I mean is this: I give up my time I'd rather spend drinking at the pub, and do this service for my Keyholder. I give up one of my desires in exchange of one of her own. She is benefited by a clean floor and the satisfaction of an obedient slave (I hope; I cannot speak to the keyholder's mentality), and I am benefited by serving a beautiful woman, by (hopefully) pleasing her with a job well done (or, at least, done) and growing in my servitude. Gathering a little humility on the way does not hurt, either. We all need more humility, and scrubbing a toilet is one sure way of getting it.

I was well-rewarded with a meal and a movie, and getting to cuddle. After, my Keyholder joked that she would like to keep me in her shed until she needed me again. Well, it was not exactly a joke, more of a wish. Had I not responsibilities of my own, I would gladly become her tool for her to wield. I look forward to our next meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment