Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Improving the Self

Over the past two of years, one of the biggest changes that I've had is physically. I attribute this to my Keyholder's encouragement.

Three years ago, I was soft, got up to 200 lbs on my 6' frame, and it wasn't muscle, let me tell you. I had told myself that if I ever got to 200, I would just quit eating. Well, that didn't work out so well. I was going to the gym, but I was still not getting the results I wanted. Then, I discovered bodyweight training.

I started a program called Tacfit Commando by RMax, sort of like crossfit, or p90x, though it's much more sane (you can google it). It's perfect. You go through sane progressions, you don't get injured, you slowly build your way up to doing things you couldn't do mere months ago, you get fit. Without leaving the house. Without paying for a gym. Without excuses. I went through the whole 9 month cycle. Twice. I'm not going to say it was easy; it wasn't. The high intensity workouts are brutal, and you really have to push yourself. But the results are worth it. I got down to 170 lbs., then worked my way back up to 180-ish (through supplements) to get bigger. I don't care about the weight, I care about being healthy, being strong, and looking good for my Keyholder. I want to give her something she can be proud of, after all. My body is a playground for her, and I want her to have fun! The side benefit, of course, is I'm healthy, I feel great, etc.

It's not perfect, though. I could get much leaner foregoing beer (my precious beer!), eating better, etc. Every once in a while, I'll go on a strict diet and lean up, just to hone my body, to master my will. After all, how can I offer obedience to my Keyholder without first mastering myself? But normally, just the workouts are enough to keep me looking decent.

The point of all this, is this: if you're going to be "kept" man, be the best one you can be. I couldn't abide presenting a slothful, out of shape body to my Keyholder. I want to give her the best, and if that means disciplining myrself to work out every day in some capacity, so be it. My keyholder will thank me for it. And so will my body.


1 comment:

  1. Preach it brother! I like your attitude and philosophy. I hope you continue to stay in shape and live healthy. I enjoyed the read!

    ReplyDelete